Weapons and Firearms Violations
The Second Amendment right to bear arms is not absolute. There are numerous firearm restrictions at the local, state, and federal level. Further, convictions for weapons violations can expose you to severe penalties, prevent you from owning a gun, and can have a significant impact on your future employment opportunities. Most firearms dealers must have a Federal Firearms License to sell firearms. The Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives imposes numerous regulations on this industry, which often lead to state or federal charges when violated. Oftentimes, whether an individual is a dealer or not, they are unaware that they are violating a federal or state firearm statute. Despite this lack of knowledge, such offenses are serious and can result in severe penalties. Our firearms defense lawyers at Russell Mace & Associates, P.A. are highly knowledgeable and experienced with firearms violations and handle a variety of cases in this area of the law, including:
• Felon in possession of a firearm
• Sale or distribution of firearms without a valid license or permit
• Sale or distribution of illegal firearms
• Firearms trafficking
• Use of a firearm in the commission of a crime
• Possession, sale, or distribution of a semiautomatic weapon
• Assault with a deadly weapon
• Armed career criminal charges
Our defense attorneys will aggressively fight for your rights. Our philosophy is that everyone deserves the best defense possible, and we can provide just that. Our federal and state lawyers have handled cases in this field for over fifteen years. We have the experience necessary to represent you in any stage of the process—investigatory stage, preliminary proceedings, plea negotiations, trial, or sentencing.
Penalties May Increase If Firearm Used In Connection With Other Charges
There are several different types of weapons related offenses at the state and federal level. These offenses range from low-level misdemeanors to serious felonies depending on the circumstances of the particular offense. Many of these offenses are accompanied with severe penalties, and may even be enhanced if you have a previous felony on your record. Additionally, if you are charged in federal court, the indictment will likely carry a conspiracy count, substantially increasing the applicable penalties associated with the weapons violation.
We understand how stressful and intimidating a weapons charge can be. This is something that you should not face alone. Our weapons lawyers at Russell Mace & Associates, P.A. have over a decade of experience in handling these types of charges. We will aggressively and effectively protect your rights and represent you through every stage of the process. Do not put your freedom at stake. Contact an experienced criminal defense attorney to stand up for you and your rights.
Contact a Firearms Defense Lawyer
Because weapon charges are so fact specific, it is best to contact an experienced defense lawyer to determine your options. Our federal and state weapons attorneys are highly experienced with all types of weapons violations at both the state and federal level. A weapons offense can be overly complex because of the investigatory and legal aspects associated with these types of crimes. It is important to contact a criminal defense attorney as soon as possible to ensure thorough representation during all stages of your case. Our firearms defense lawyers will aggressively represent you and your rights to obtain the best outcome possible. We have lawyers available to represent you in a variety of jurisdictions in South Carolina, Florida, and Georgia, including Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, Conway, Charleston, Columbia, Florence, Greenville, Miami, Miami Beach, Palm Beach, Valdosta, and Augusta. If you or a loved one has been charged with a state or federal weapon or gun charge, contact one of our criminal defense attorneys for a free consultation at 1-800-94-TRIAL. You may also contact us online.
Our firearms defense attorneys in Charleston, Columbia, Greenville, Myrtle Beach, Miami and Miami Beach are able to help you with any federal indictment.
- NY Knicks Point Guard Arrested on Gun Charges In the midst of his ninth NBA season, New York Knicks point guard Raymond Felton is definitely in the spotlight. However, the attention isn’t because he’s such a great athlete ... Read more
- Hernandez’s Cousin Wont Reveal Key Information As the prosecution continues to pursue the murder case against NFL football tight end Aaron Hernandez, questions remain unanswered by his cousin, Tanya Singleton. Tanya is believed to have first-hand ... Read more
- Trial Begins for Fort Hood Shooter Criminal defense lawyer discusses Fort Hood shooter’s trial. Nidal Hasan’s trial is set to begin today following his deadly shooting spree at Fort Hood in 2009. Hasan, an army psychiatrist, was ... Read more